September 29, 2013

Stitching in colour: Designer Mystery BOM - 03

I am bit late on Block 03. There were too many other things to sew in the last couple of days. I'll show you some of them later. But for now, we're admiring the next installment of the FQS Designer Mystery BOM:



I tried to keep from doing real flying geese with the first two blocks. But as this results in way too many bulky seams, I thought I shouldn't shy away again.



I've used the fast and "no waste" method to sew the flying geese. Though it's only useful if you need four identical flying geese (or any amount of elements divisible by four). One of the many instructions for this method can be found here.



The block is called Weather Vane and was designed by Barbara Groves and Mary Jacobson. Looks like this vane is promising beautiful weather.



This time, working on the block was much easier because I've got myself a 1/4 inch seam walking foot for my sewing machine. The centre square is my favourite part! Such an amazing fabric! *sigh*

The fabrics for Block number 04 are already cut, so see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment