September 23, 2013

Stitching in colour: Geisha bag

Instead of working on the Designer BOM, I had to come up with a quick birthday present for a friend. My first idea was to sew a turtle since she loves them and even got one as a pet. Unfortunately, the pattern I liked was not easy to come by. So I decided to sew a bag for her instead to use in her upcoming vacation.



I took the inspiration for this bag out of a German Magazin called Lena's Patchwork - Trendige Taschen. The original bag was created by Beate Pöhlmann (would love a link but couldn't find one). As is usual with me, I skipped a few details and added others.



There's one detail I couldn't forego though, no matter what: The cute japanese doll in a circle on top of the flap. Luckily for me, I had just the right fabric for this in my stash!



This tiny inside pocket was my touch...



... as was the magnetic closure.



Showing off the bright colours in sunlight, because I can!

I'm happy to report that my friend liked her bag and will put it to good use during her trip. I hope you like it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment