October 13, 2013

Stitching in colour: Designer Mystery BOM - 05

Block number 05 was finished about an hour ago. Since the sun is still up and I can take decent pictures, why not post them right away? So here they are:



This is the first block using the grey polka dot fabric from the collection. Sitting right to the cream polka dot one, it seems a bit boring. The complete block isn't, though:



Block 05 is called Cherry Sundae and was designed by Barb Adams and Alma Allen. I wouldn't mind sipping one while staring at the beautiful block.



Sewing gets easier for me and is also more fun. Especially when almost all the tips meet. The only thing I didn't like was matching the two flying geese with the pointy edges facing one another- I pressed the seams the wrong way and ended up having too many layers of fabric. Oh well, another lesson learned.

See you soon for the next block!

No comments:

Post a Comment