November 08, 2014

Stitching in colour: Designer Mystery BOM - 07

I had to scroll down my blog to check when I posted the last block of the FQS Designer Mystery BOM: It was one year ago, on the very same day. Oh, wow! It didn't feel like that much time.



My inspiration to continue this BOM has reignited while I travelled the USA and found a store that still had bolts of fabric from the Vintage Modern collection, which is used for this BOM. Suddenly, a picture of the finished quilt appeared in my mind, so I bought some of the fabric and made a mental note to get back to sewing! This is block 07:



The block is called Moonlight Serenade and was designed by Sandy Gervais. In the original design, the red dots fabric was used for the star as well. But I decided I wanted more colour, so I stole some green dots fabric from the residue of Block 04.



I really hope my inspiration won't falter again and you'll soon be able to see the next block.

No comments:

Post a Comment