December 11, 2014

Stitching in colour: Christmas tablecloth

This is another one of the sewing projects I finished while I was on blogging hiatus. I partook in another swap, this time to exchange Christmas presents made out of fabric. So, these pictures are actually a year old. But the good thing about Christmas: It's happening every year! And since this year's recurrence is close, I thought you might enjoy looking at the tablecloth I made.


(front)


(back)

The person I made this present for wanted to have something in the usual red, green & white associated with Christmas. Lucky me who had this terribly cute candy charm pack lying 'round.



The collection is called In from the Cold and is by Kate Spain for Moda. I am in love with it! So much, that I got myself another charm pack after finishing this tablecloth, so I could make something out of it for myself .



I am really proud of the binding for this. It looks flawless.

I don't decorate around the house much for Christmas, but a tablecloth on the living room table I might actually do. Too bad I couldn't keep this one, I really liked how it turned out.

Anyone in for a cup of hot chocolate?

No comments:

Post a Comment